Thursday, June 30, 2005

"United we stand, divided we beg"

That's what it says on a poster in the bathroom informing us about today's Union meeting. The meeting was at the Civic Center in Gainesville after work and I stood in line in the sun a long time just to get in the door. They fed us grilled hamburgers and gave us T-shirts, and listened to some valid concerns voiced by the brothers & sisters. It was a strong turnout, and looks encouraging. Afterwards, I went to Home Depot and to Wal-Mart. Last night I went to Gainesville on the spur-of-the-moment and watched Sarah and Kinzie play softball in a 9 p.m. game. So it was 11:00 when I got to bed AGAIN. Kinzie started working for John a few days ago, and she came up to me and said, "That tractor KICKED MY BUTT today". She's been raking while Sarah cuts.