Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Janette 'n' Gabby

I made this my new profile photo tonight. This picture was taken this past summer in Saint Jo, Texas, on Saturday, August 1st. That's me on my AQHA gelding "A Real Gamble", a.k.a "Gabby". It's a bit like the Johnny Cash song, "A Boy Named Sue", I suppose. At any rate, that was his name when I bought him, and far be it from me to change someone's name! We were riding on Highway 82 in front of the Dairy Queen, in the Downtown Rodeo Parade: Me, Sarah (on Ranger), and Kayla Felderhoff (on Apache). It's snowing outside again right now, on top of snow still on the ground from Christmas Eve, and maybe I'll post a few snow pictures tomorrow. But just for now, I'm remembering that beautiful day last summer, and dreaming of those hot summer days to come!