Monday, July 11, 2005

$75!!

AIW stands for "Accelerated Improvement Workshop", which is what I will be attending all this week. Why is it that I have so much trouble staying awake in a classroom setting? Perhaps it's because for 46 years I have done my sleeping by the drone of a fan, and today the droning of the central A/C was lulling me big time. Just before the last break, we were on the floor, set to do some time trials, when quite abruptly we were sent home for the day--something about the Line having no parts to run, and them (the management) not wanting us to get too far ahead. Whatever the reason, I was totally happy! I went to the bank, came home, and balanced 3 months worth of statements, then paid bills. While I was out mailing the bills, I went to the Fina to gas up the '78--whew! Cost me $75.00!!! Babe said the price jumped because of Hurricane Dennis, and that the prices would probably come back down soon. Sure wish I had looked before I leaped!!