Friday, November 19, 2004

So, I'm sittin' with a few friends, eatin' lunch at work, and the talk is centered on crime, because of an incident that happened close to home on Wednesday. At 45, I'm by far the youngest lady present. One silver-haired lady, Melba, in her soft-spoken, quiet way, said, "That's why I always carry my weapons with me--not here! (at work), but everywhere else I go." She then added, "If I ever went to the big city of Dallas, I'd carry a pistol in both hands". To which Lucille advised, "Then you'd best just stay out here in the country." Without missing a beat, Melba replied, "Yeah, then I only have to carry one (gun)". Well, I'm definitely glad this (work) week is over. Vivian's passing on Wednesday hit me hard, and then the rest of the day just got worse and worse, culminating with my falling (onto the cement floor) 2 hours before quitin' time. I am still sore from that, especially in my left arm and my right knee; although both knees are bruised. Thursday went better, and today was fine. I was supposed to go in early, though, and I played hookey for the first 2 hours, then went in at 7:00; but I really needed that extra sleep. It seems that high-emotional times make me more tired than just working hard all day would do. Supposed to rain again for a few days (blah), but then be nice for Thanksgiving. I hope so! Sarah and a friend or two will be home from college on Thanksgiving Day, just in time for noon dinner, and I can't WAIT!!! p.s. HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY today to my niece, Stacie--yea!!!!