Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"Sparklies!" (from The Secret of N.I.M.H.)

Our goal in the workshop is to intergrate the building of video brackets and headrest slides into our Back Cell, instead of doing those operations as sub-work, in batches, as we do now. I guess you could say their motto is, "Build one, move one". We didn't accomplish too much today in that regard, but I did have fun cutting pipe with a chop saw and making sparks fly everywhere; James and I built a table in the Moonshine Shop to use in the Back Cell. I would like to have a shop like that at home--it is full of all kinds of materials, for building whatever we may need out on the floor. The worst part was gathering at the end of the day with the other teams and reporting our days' accomplishments. James thought we had a good day, but really, I just don't "get it". They are paying me good money to follow this man around all day and pretty much do nothing. Oh well--2 down, 3 to go.