Saturday, December 23, 2006

Monday, December 18-Saturday, December 23, 2006

Monday we worked 8 hours but Tuesday through Thursday we worked 10 hours every day. Thursday was probably my worst day, sick-wise. I had a coughing fit in the morning that prompted me to make a quick trip to the CVS Pharmacy for more cold/cough medicines during my lunch break. Which meant that I missed our big Christmas/birthday-surprise dinner for Jeff, but then, it turned out that so did he, as he went down south and ate with Brenda in their pickup as usual. Heh! Valerie and Vickie let him "have it" for that. I told him, "You ran away, just like I did"...I must admit it was wonderful to get out in the bright sunshine and chilly fresh air for even a short 30 minutes. Or 33; I was three minutes late getting back to work--Shhhh!!! Don't tell!

By the way, on Monday Jennifer brought all of us goodie bags, and I brought mine on Tuesday. Kathy gave us candy bars on Wednesday, and Vickie, Valerie, Butch and Donnie gave everyone treats on Thursday. I gave everyone two scratch-offs, and Maria won $50, Valerie won $10 (she was quite excited and said it was her first time to win, ever), Kathy won $2 and Jeff also won $2. I also received gifts from Ann (horse rug and photo album), from Louise (wooden dog with dangly legs--sits on mantle or shelf), and from Earl Ray (buffalo nickel earrings). I guess Matt is officially gone--already. He was a steady worker and quiet and I'm sorry it didn't work out. He was bipolar by his own admittance, and one day could not stop crying; he said he felt bad and that he wanted to go home. I took him to see the nurse and he did go home, and he has not been back. I really can't remember what day that was--maybe last Friday the 15th?

Friday, December 22, began the first of ELEVEN days of FREEDOM for me! Yee Haw! Bob had a regular work-day and Sarah worked some this afternoon. But she met Prairie and Diana for breakfast, and she got her hair cut, too (in layers; real cute), so it wasn't all work for her today. Birthday-wise, Sarah turned 25 years old at 2:27 A.M. My cousin Teddy turned 55, and my co-worker/friend Jeff turned 30. For Sarah's BD, we ate supper in Gainesville at the Taiwan Restaurant--Me, Bob, Sarah, Doug, Lynda, Kat and Jason. I actually managed to use my chopsticks some, just for Sarah's amusement. After supper, Jason, Kat, Bob, Sarah and I went to Amy's house for a while. Kathy had a couple of blouses for her daughter to try on, and Sarah and I played a game of pool in the new garage/pool room--pretty sweet! Later, we took Sarah, Jason and Kat to their respective homes, and Bob and I went down to DOC'S for about an hour. Tony's band, Only In Texxxas, was playing there, upstairs. I am soooo proud of my cousin's son and his band! They get better every time I hear them. I especially liked their rendition of Cross Canadian Ragweed's "17". Good job, guys, good job! Bob drank a couple of beers but I only had a large Coke, as I am taking anti-biotics...Drats! What lousy timing! I won't be finished with them 'till well after all the Christmas parties are over.

Today I saddled Ranger and gave some horsie rides to the cousins from Missouri--Joe & Stacy Hess and their little children, Emily, age 7 and Joe, Jr., age 4. Joe's brother-in-law, Severin ("Sev"), Mary Sue's husband, from Iowa, was with them and also got a ride on Ranger. It was Sev's very first time to be on a horse. I led the two kids first, then Sev, then Stacy. Joe, Sr. and Mary Sue are grandchildren of Bob's Uncle Gary Hess. Stacy will be 28 on January 4, so she is 3 years older than Sarah. She gave me a great compliment while I was leading her around the horse pasture on Ranger: she said that even though my daughter was closer to her age than I was, she felt like I was their age, because I was so active, and doing the horse-thing and all, I guess is what she meant. That made me feel pretty good, I have to say!

The clouds began rolling in this afternoon and it got quite chilly. Bob and I went to the 5:00 P.M. Mass, and Sarah went to Denton to eat Sushi with Kayla and Debra, then to DOC'S. I finally got the livingroom CLEAN; it only took two days!