Sunday, July 04, 2004

Happy 4th!

WOW! The Celebrate Freedom '04 at Southfork Ranch yesterday was totally awesome!! Sarah drove us in her Cadi--Bob, Courtney L. (from Whitesboro) and I. My favorite band was Mercy Me from Greenville. When they sang their, "I Can Only Imagine" song, I was very moved...in fact, tears were streaming down my face! We had to leave when Point of Grace was just getting started, but they were the last band and we didn't want to get stuck in traffic for hours. And we also left before the fireworks show. Even so, it was 1:00 a.m. when we got home. Today we (Bob, Sarah & I) went to Mass at 8:00 a.m., then out to the farm for breakfast. I ended up staying out there all day, mowing and weed-eating in the horse pasture. Ann and her sister, Sharon, came for a surprise visit while I was weed-eating...I was sure glad for the rest-break!! We petted the horses, and I showed them "Baby-Momma"'s three kittens in the Big Chicken House. Then we sat on the front porch and chilled. It was such a pleasant day, with a good breeze and NO RAIN--Ha! I'm glad I finally got to meet Ann's sister. Towards evening, Doug came out on his (Henry's old) motorcycle, and he and Dad and I sat on the front porch, "watching the evening 'tire" (John Denver, "Poems & Prayers & Promises). We heard coyotes howl, and saw fireworks here and there off in the distance. Happy 4th of July!