Sunday, December 26, 2004


Another shot of me at 4 months, with my mom. The car is a 1952 Chrysler, I think. The grove of trees in the background at the left are catalpa trees, a.k.a. "The bean trees", because of their long, beanlike pods. They were very popular back then, for some reason. I think that farmers planted them as wind breaks. We dug for and found a lot of good earthworms, for fishing, underneath those trees. Note that the Grade A Dairy barn is not there yet; it was built later that year (1959). The windmill is only partly left now, but the water tank is still standing, and so is the "tank house" building behind mom. You can see part of my climbing tree that I mentioned yesterday, there also behind my mom. OK, well, today was a beautiful, sunny day. Bob turned 60 today. Sarah (on Lucky), Bob (on Gabby) and I (on Ranger) rode a big loop ride around town, stopping at the Sonic for lunch. I'd guess we rode about 8 miles, but I might check that out tomorrow. Then, Sarah rode Pepper, I rode Apache, and Janet rode Diamond, for a short ride on Janet's place. Then Janet and I went walking till sundown, and then I fed the horses 2 square bales of prairie hay, as darkness fell, and a full moon rose...awesome!