Saturday, January 01, 2005


I really love this picture. From left to right is: my dad, Henry William, my mom, Mildred Irene, my sister, Kathleen Louise, my brother, Henry Francis, my brother, Douglas Joseph, my sister, Carol Ann, and me, Janette Marie. Momma is pregnant with baby brother, Melvin Ray. We are standing in front of Grandma & Grandpa Wiesman's house, which just happens to be MY house, now--mine and Bob's and Sarah's. The house in the background belongs to my mom's cousin, Melvin Keiser. Fifth Street runs between the two houses, now, but back then, it doesn't look like there's much of a street there, if any. I don't know when this picture was taken, but it was developed in June of 1964, according to the date imprinted at the top. Which doesn't make a lot of sense, since Melvin was born Feb. 13, 1960 (??), and I was born Nov. 30, 1958. I am certainly NOT 5 years old in that picture! I guess the film just sat around in the camera for that long...so glad my modern camera puts the date the picture was taken right on the front of the picture! And, I always try to back that up with writing more info on the back of the picture. Anyway, today was another good horse-riding day. Rita (Styx), Billy (Ben), Sarah (Lucky), Larry (1st on a mule I don't have the name of, and then on a 2 yr. old filly named Dunny), Chad (Hooda), Buddy (Norma Jean), and I (on Gabby), rode on a place owned by Sam Sparkman, just north, and northwest of, Turtle Hill Golf Course. In fact, we found quite a few golf balls in those rugged hills!