Sunday, July 17, 2005

July 13-17

Last Wednesday through Friday I was needed off and on in the cell, so my time in the workshop became sporadic (tee hee!). But on Wednesday we finished building the tape table, Thursday I painted the work stations of Donnie, JoAnn & Doug, and on Friday I managed to paint the new tape table, Jeff's auxiliary table, and also painted the side table for Steve in metal deburr, before going to the final report-out meeting at 10:00 a.m. It was a stressful week but all-in-all not too terrible. Still, I sincerely hope this was my first and last AIW! I left work at 12:30 Friday and still got 41.5 hours for the week. Lynn arrived around 5:40 p.m. that night. She and Sarah and I went to the farm to visit the horses and say "Hey" to my dad, then drove on down the road to the hay fields, spoke briefly to Bill Tom, then ate supper at the Dairy Queen in Saint Jo. The girls went to Michelle's after that (I went to bed-HA!) Saturday I mowed at dad's, washed horses and borrowed Ross & Janet's trailer. Lynn went out to the hay field with Sarah for the day. In the evening, Sarah (on Lucky) and Lynn (on Apache) rode in the Grand Entry at the Gainesville Rodeo, while I took pictures. It was Lynn's first-ever rodeo--yee haw!! Rene was there riding her "Sassy", along with Melissa and Melissa's sister. Today the 4 of us went to the 8:00 a.m. Mass, then out to the farm, where we celebrated my dad's birthday with the cousins from Ft. Worth--Suzy & Jacky and Teddy & Lani. It was their party for their beloved uncle, as they can't come in 2 weeks when we have our party for him. They brought dad a cake and gave him money and food and an A/C for the west room. They are so good to us all! Later, Uncle Spike arrived and joined them in playing Sheephead. Sarah had to go to work after lunch, and Lynn headed back to Stephenville. It was a nice weekend but being full it went too fast!