Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Ditto

Every day is different, yet they're all the same, ya know? Got up at 2:45 and worked 10 hours (5:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.). Drove my "Big Red" truck to work this morning in some fantastic moonlight!

We finished the SIA777T009 composite (black) backs around 10:45 or 11:00, depending on where you were in the cell. There were a total of 226 backs. The second shift did 87 of them last night and we did 139 yesterday/today. I installed the headrest plates (we call them "slides"), using 12 rivets (AD43H's and AD44H's) each back, with no drilling necessary. The only bother is that the paint on these backs turns your hands black, and it gets on your clothes, too, though it will wash out. Another thing I don't like is that I have to put a washer behind each rivet. One-hundred thirty-nine backs times 12 rivets/washers = 1,668 rivets and 1,668 washers. And that's just MY little part. For the rest of the day we worked on SBE737BALGE. These backs have a lot of different names, such as NKS, and they are all my favorites. Super easy. I drill 17 holes and pop 17 rivets, and no big quads to drill. I do the tops and the right sides.

We all worked the same spots as yesterday, and, like yesterday, Valerie was still out sick today. Ann came up from the new building and visited me for a few minutes.

Went to the farm with the digital camera and Mel took pictures of two 4-wheelers that he has for sale for Jeff to look at. Dad was drinking wine and smoking cigarettes and just SITTING; relaxing after fighting with electrical wiring all day. He was grounding the outlet in the livingroom, northeast corner. Mel helped him with the project.

I'd like to note this little miracle of sorts--yesterday, as you know, I temporarily lost one of my new earrings. The earring was found but not the back. Well, it was many hours later, and I was getting ready for bed, and when I pulled my T-shirt over my head I heard something hit the bathroom floor, and I just knew. I got a flashlight and searched, and sure enough, the earring back was found! Where it was hiding all this time I do not know--perhaps in my long hair? I had been wearing a long-sleeved shirt over my T-shirt, but I'd taken that off hours earlier. And I'd shaken my hair out several times earlier in an effort to find the back, with no luck. So I truly don't see how that back survived all that, plus the trip home, etc. Kinda funny.