Thursday, July 22, 2004

This & That

My journaling is not always consistant, but I do have several entries for this day.  The first one is from Wednesday, July 22, 1992.  I was 34 years old, and Sarah was 10...Mom and Henry came after church.  It was 9:00 and Sarah was still in bed.  Mom wanted to invite her to go spend the day at the farm.  So I woke her, she grabbed some clothes & shoes and she was gone.  Stovall came to pay the rent ($125) while I was watching Oprah Winfrey (4:00 to 5:00), and while he was here, Sarah called me to come get her.  When we pulled up at home, Sherie was here.  I fixed fried chicken legs for supper, and Sherie ate with us...It was getting late when I washed the dishes.  Sarah was very grouchy.  She accidentally knocked the sugar bowl out of the cabinet and it broke.  Then Sarah cried!...I told her it was alright.  I vacuumed the floor, to get up all the glass.  I was tired, too.
I actually remember that day.  I wonder what-all Sarah did while she was with her grandma at the farm.  Now my mother is gone; she died October 12, 1997, and my oldest brother, Henry, is also gone; he died May 16, 2003.  Sherie is Sarah's 1st cousin; my oldest sister's youngest daughter.  She and Sarah were BUDS, even though Sherie was about 21 months older.
The next entry that I can find for this date, is Saturday, July 22, 1995.  I was 36, and Sarah was 13.
All 7th, 8th & 9th graders--J.E.L.L.Y.--Mass at 8:00 a.m., then doughnuts & milk under the pavillion, then softball at the ball park.  It was announced that from now on, J.E.L.L.Y. would only be the 7th & 8th graders, and that the 9th grade would be with the older kids, now called L.I.F.E., instead of J.A.M.  At 2:00 p.m., Sarah & I went to the Gainesville Riding Club arena and watched the 1st Annual Mounted Drill Team Competitions.  It was awesome!...on the way home from Gainesville, we went out to Hood and picked up Endres's stock trailer & brought it to town...Sarah & I went to the 7:00 p.m. Mass so we could leave early Sunday morning for Bonita.
If I recall correctly, J.E.L.L.Y. stood for "Jesus EverLasting Loving You".  I don't remember what J.A.M. stood for, but these were our parish's youth groups.  The last entry I have for this date, is Monday, July22, 1996.  I was 37 and Sarah was 14.
10:00 a.m.  Books open for Forestburg Youth Rodeo.  Sarah is entered in 4 things:  Breakaway Roping, Goat Tying, Pole Bending and Barrel Racing.  At $20.00 per event, the total cost to enter is $80.00  This will be her first time ever to really be enterd in a real rodeo, and not just signed up for "exhibition" barrel racing after the rodeo.  Sarah had basketball practice at 7:30 p.m.  I babysat Eland 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (9 hours).