Sunday, August 01, 2004

High & Dry

It's been a weird week for me, but nothing worth blogging about. Today, however, we celebrated my dad's 77th birthday. Seventy-seven. That means he was 31 years old when I was born. I was the fifth-born of the family. It is an awesome responsibility to raise up 6 children--how'd they ever do it?! If there is one thing, and one thing only, that I know, that I really, REALLY KNOW about my parents, it's that they truly, truly loved each other. One thing that I REALLY KNOW about my mother, is that she truly, truly loved The Lord. I guess that's how they did it. My dad still prays for all us kids. Especially when we're traveling. He wants to know when we will be on the road, so he can pray for us till we come safely home. Come safely home. Something our Heavenly Father wants for us, too. Happy birthday daddy; I love you.

Our clothes dryer died today. As it is as old as Sarah (22), I decided to just buy a new one. I went to Home Depot in Gainesville, and they were having a parking lot sale, and there were 2 washers and 2 dryers. I bought the cheaper one of the 2 dryers, and saved about $45, since it was a bit dented up on the outside. It had no paperwork with it, and no manufacturer's guarantee...buying it was a leap of faith, but it felt RIGHT, ya know?

Sarah (on Apache) and Nancy (on Babe) and I (on Ranger) went riding this evening. We rode north along the road to Klement's, then west through the pasture, then through a gate into more Klement property, and continued west. Through some woods, across a creek, and around the perimeter of the big pasture. Then into Felderhoff's on the return trip. A fine ride.