Monday, January 08, 2007

THREE DAYS IN A NUTSHELL, If That's Possible!

Saturday, January 6, 2007
Worked six hours of overtime (5:00 to 11:00 A.M.), with Doug, Vickie, Aaron, George, and Larry. We did subwork 'till 6:15, then ran RYR737T091 until 9:00, then ran EZY for an hour and 15 minutes, then back to RYR. After work I picked up 4 sandwiches from Dieter's (for Jeff, Cecil, Alec and Me), and went to deliver some parts to Jeff that Mel forgot to give him, and to get Mel's tie straps that they used to take the 4-wheeler home. Waiting for Mel to call Jeff on my phone, I spent time with Alec, skipping stones on the pond and tossing the football. I finally gave up on Mel to call and went to Wal-Mart instead, and lo-and-behold, there he was. I put gas in my One-Ton and got Bob's test strips at the Pharmacy and went to the house. I loaded Floyd and Big B. onto the flatbed and went to the farm, where we were joined by Rebel. The three dogs and I walked to Felderhoff's Lake, where I collected some skipping rocks for Alec from the creek, and then I took a 30 minute nap on the north point. The dogs abandoned me and went home, then had the audacity to bark at me as I walked up to the house later. At 5:00 P.M., Bob and I went to church (Feast of the Epiphany). It was our new Pastor's first Mass, and the Bishop was here and everything. It was standing-room only in the back, and the choir loft was full--who knew? Certainly not us! After church, Sarah ordered a shop manual on CD from e-bay for Jeff and I went to bed!

Sunday, January 9, 2001
I worked 6 more hours of overtime this morning, from 5-11:00 A.M. This finishes out my work-week and gives me 20 hours of overtime, with today's being double-time. I can't wait to see my check this next Friday; it's been a long time since I've gotten in so many hours. There were only 2 others working with me today: Aaron from 2nd shift and Russell from downstairs. I ran the RYR backs sorta by myself, with Russell putting quads in backs that we never got to, and Aaron spending the first 3 hours taping plastic spacers and putting them on. After work I came on home, traded my One-Ton for the Yukon, then Bob and I went to Gainesville. We met Sarah at the new Mexican Restaurant, Sophia's Taqueria for lunch, then the 3 of us drove to Sherman in the Yukon. Bob and Sarah went to Academy Sports but I stayed in the car, enjoying the sunshine. Then we went to Austin College, and at 3:00 p.m. we watched the 2 younger Bauer girls, and the rest of the Roos, play the Trinity University Tigers from San Antonio. It was a SMOOKIN' game!!! The Roos won, 88-80. I was never so glad in all my life to see an ass-whippin' (to see a team beaten) like I was this day, because they were so MEAN! I mean, I wanted to KILL a few of them myself! Rainey (a Senior) and Jacqueline(a Sophomore) were awesome, and oldest sister, Andrea is helping coach now that she is all graduated and everything. After the game we left Sarah off in Gainesville at her car and Bob and I went to Wal-Mart for a few things. We ate supper at 7:00 after we got home--leftover spaghetti.

Monday, January 8, 2001
I knew I couldn't be brief! Last day, though--Got up at 2:45, cold and clear. Drove my Big Red (1-Ton) to work. Sarah put her car in the shop (Muenster Auto) and drove the Yukon to work. She's getting new shocks put on and having an oil leak repaired. I worked 12 hours today, from 5:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. (we don't get paid for lunch break)--4 hours of overtime. Kathy and Jennifer were both back. Kathy moved Valerie to table #4 (just after me) and put Butch out of the cell. She would have done this last week, but Valerie was out sick Tuesday-Thursday (we were all off that Monday-Paid Holiday), and Kathy was out that Friday. We ran EZY 'till lunchtime, then did subwork on Delta after lunch until 3:00. Then we cleaned up, and some of us moved our stuff to the back tables, so the 2nd shift could come in, and we could work on VOZ subwork. George, Butch, and I worked on VOZ, Vickie stayed in the cell and taped for the 2nd shift, and Doug, as acting Lead, helped us AND the neighboring Back Cell, which is just starting to train a 2nd shift crew this week. At lunchtime I saw that I'd received a voicemail from a Shirley Barrett at 10:30 A.M. She had seen my ad in the Muenster Enterprise which ran 4, 3, and 2 weeks ago, for the oak firewood for sale and she wondered just how far away (from Oak Ridge) would we deliver. Heh! When Jeff came back from lunch I handed him my notes and he said, "What's this"? I said, "I told you I was gonna get you some business"! More than a month ago he asked me if I knew of anyone over here who needed firewood and I told him I'd ask around. I really thought that if I used my name then some good ol' Muenster Peoples would give me a call...HEH! I finally get a call, more than a week after the ad quits running, and it's a total stranger to me who calls! She said she lives north of Saint Jo. Jeff got a pass for 1:30 and I presume he went to sell some firewood, in addition to going back to Pettit Machinery (in Gainesville) to ask them WHY the Durant store said THEY could get him an Artic Cat Manual when the local guys said NO, BUT WE CAN FIX IT FOR YOU. Jerks. It's late now, for me (9:09) and tomorrow might be rough, but I'm off Wednesday (Paid Vacation Day), so it's all good.