Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Unfortunately I am too tired to think straight, but I have this new year goal of posting daily--of course I've already broken it once, no, twice--so I will plod on.

I got up at 2:45 this morning and drove Big Red to work (around 4:15) underneath a gorgeous night sky and cold, crisp air. I worked another 12-hour shift, from 5:00 A.M. until 5:30 P.M. Now I already have 8 hours of pure overtime in only the first two days of this week--Yee Haw! Butch took the day off, to celebrate turning 60. Running EZY, in the cell, in order of appearance, was: Doug, Jeff, Me, Valerie, George until 7:00, then Donnie came in, Vickie, then Maria. I think it was Maria's 1st time to help tape, or maybe yesterday she helped, too--I DON'T KNOW; I was in my own little world at table 3 (Kathy calls it table #2, but why leave out Doug?!). Jennifer and George were out(side the cell). After we finished E-Z, we did subwork on XIA (I sat and put tape on headrests) till 3:15, then after the last break (3:30 to 3:40) I moved to a back table and did subwork on VOZ, while the 2nd Shifters started running the XIA, which is just one of the many names for my favorite back. They will finish that shipset tomorrow (Wednesday), and I won't be there to enjoy those easy backs--BOOOO! When I come back on Thursday we will be running more EZY and/or RYR, and I'm not too fond of either. Doug, Vickie, Maria, George and I all volunteered to stay the 2 extra hours, while Kathy, Valerie, Jennifer, Donnie and Jeff all went home. *YAWN* I've enjoyed meeting the 2nd shift people these past two days, and seeing who works my table when I'm not there. His name is (?) and he said he just moved to Muenster (Pecan Street). The nightguard announced over the intercom that two cars were parked illegally, and that got us talking about what we drive, and when I told him about my truck, he said, "So THAT'S who drives that truck! I see you leaving (work) every day when I'm coming in (to work)". HEH!

The firewood deal from yesterday didn't work out--she didn't want to pay what Jeff wanted, even though she lives 45-55 miles away. But on the bright side, the guys at Pettit said they would order the Artic Cat Manual for Jeff--wonder what made them change their tune??!

Ate another Red Barron pizza tonight for supper. Bob and Sarah are watching an old western on DVD (Will Penny), and I am done!