Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year Baby

Today is my mom's birthday. She was a Leap Year Baby, born February 29, 1928. She's been in Heaven for 10 years now. I have a wonderful picture of her sitting on the front porch at home that I was going to post today, but then I came across this great family picture, and I knew this was the one. After all, her family was EVERYTHING to her. I'm not sure when this was taken--Sarah scanned all these pictures into the computer, and I don't have the physical photo in front of me so I can read what's written on the back--but that's baby Tara that my mom is holding, and she was born on July 8, 1979. So...We're not really in rows, but the "row" in front of mom, left to right: Melvin Yosten, Janette Yosten, Tommy Bonner, Kathy (Yosten) Bonner, Tom Bonner, and Amy Bonner. Then, left again: Carol Yosten, Henry W. Yosten (Dad), Mildred (Wiesman) Yosten (Mom), holding Tara Yosten, Douglas Yosten, Lynda (Klement) Yosten, and Henry F. Yosten. This was our whole family at the time, and pictures like this are rare. This was before Melvin or Carol or I were married. Before Henry's motorcycle wreck and the closed head injury that changed lives forever. Kathy must be pregnant with Sherie, here, who was born March 30, 1980. Happier times (And none of us are fat here, either--Heh!). Happy Birthday, Mom. You were The Best. I miss you.