Monday, February 18, 2008

Sarah & The '78 (When Both Were Young)

I always did love this picture! It was taken on Friday, April 26, 1985, when Sarah was 3 years old. We'd been living here, at 521 North Oak, for about 5 months. She was always a busy little girl, finding enjoyment in all kinds of settings. I'm not really sure how this got started, but she was playing in the back of my 1978 GMC Sierra Classic. It was Germanfest weekend, but what might've been happening on a Friday, I don't recall. She's riding the rail like it's a horse; I think that was a paper sack she's using as a saddle--OH! How I wish I could remember the details! I wonder if I journaled about this...That's a brick in front of her, and one of her little vinyl rain boots on top of it; she loved stacking things! I've forgotten what that was that she's stuck into the last hole there. I just remember being memsmorized watching her make a playground out of the back of my truck. Whoever thought I'd drive that "buckskin tan & brown" pickup some 28 years! Now 30 years old, it's still being driven, by my friend, Jeff.